HOWE STREET PARK
255 W. EDISON ST, ALCOA
JOHN SEVIER PARK
1998 SEQUOYAH AVE, MARYVILLE
LOUISVILLE POINT PARK
3272 COX RD, LOUISVILLE
209 E. FRANKLIN ST, ALCOA
OLDFIELD MINI PARK
225 BURN ST, MARYVILLE
PEARSON SPRINGS PARK
1467 MONTVALE STATION RD, MARYVILLE
POOLS & ATHLETIC COMPLEXES
NEWS AND IMPORTANT UPDATES
The Maryville-Alcoa-Blount County Parks and Recreation Commission values the health and safety of our community and staff, especially at this time when Coronavirus (COVID-19) is of great concern. It is important to keep our community informed on current procedures to address this concern, especially in regard to public facilities and gathering areas.
In accordance with CDC recommendations, and to follow guidelines shared by the joint governments of Blount County, here is what we are doing to take extra precautions in an effort to help reduce the spread of the virus in our area:
• Effective immediately, all recreation centers and the Everett Senior Center will be closed until further notice. Staff will continually monitor the situation and recommended guidelines to determine a possible reopening schedule. (This applies to the Martin Luther King Jr. Center, Springbrook Recreation Center. Everett Recreation Center, and Everett Senior Center)
• Pavilion rentals will be handled on a case by case basis. If you have a rental scheduled prior to May 15, please call our office (865-983-9244) for possible rescheduling.
• For a minimum of four (4) weeks, programs and events will be postponed, rescheduled, or canceled, and those already registered will be notified.
• Information on athletic activities is updated on our website (www.parksrec.com), and communicated through our staff and coaches.
• Upcoming events for the next four (4) weeks, including festivals and road races, will be postponed or canceled. Please check the Parks & Rec website or call our office for details on specific event schedules.
• During this time, we will be cleaning all facilities and continuing park upkeep, especially in high use areas.
• Our parks are open, and we encourage you to get outside to enjoy fresh air– even as you practice good social distancing. Please be vigilant in protecting yourself and others. We have a fun spring & summer planned, and we want to help you stay healthy so you can enjoy it!
The joint governments of Blount County have created an extremely useful information page regarding updated CDC recommendations, as well as links from trusted sources and precautionary information. Please check this site often, as conditions will continually change: https://www.maryvillegov.com/covid-19-blount-information.html
We will monitor situations carefully, re-evaluate our scheduled programs often, and communicate any changes as necessary. Please check our website (www.parksrec.com) for program or event information, or call us at 865-983-9244 if you have specific questions regarding other Parks & Rec facilities or activities.
Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to getting our community back together soon!
The Parks and Recreation Commission does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, genetic information or disabling condition in employment opportunities or in the provision of parks and recreation services.