The Everett Senior Center (ESC) is a multi-purpose recreation center for adults over Age 50 located at 702 Burchfield Street in Everett Park in Maryville. Office hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM. The center publishes a monthly newsletter/calendar of activities, which is included in the annual membership fee of $15.00 per year for an individual or $25.00 per year per couple. A printable brochure and our current newsletter is available below for your convenience. For more information you may call us at 983-9422.
The Center's Inclement Weather Policy: If Blount County Schools are closed, the center will delay open until 10:00 AM. If Maryville City Schools are closed, Everett Senior Center will also be closed.
- Recreational Art Group meets every Monday & Wednesday 1:00-4:00 PM and Friday 8:00 AM – Noon.
- Work on your own Scrapbooking and Paper Craft Projects – Mondays, 9:00 AM – 3:45 PM. Cost: $2.00 for Members, $5.00 for Non-members. Pay in advance for 3 visits, get the 4th one free!
- Quilt Group meets every Tuesday 12:00-4:00 PM. Bring your project and join the fun. $2.00 Table fee for non-members.
- Beehive Quilters meets every Thursday 12:00-4:00 PM. Bring your project and join the fun. $2.00 Table fee for non-members.
- BeeHive Knitting Group meets every Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM. Knowledgeable and friendly group meets to sit and knit twice a week.
- Join us for Potluck and Bingo the first Thursday of each month at 11:30 AM. Bring a dish to share and join in the fun! Drinks are provided. Reservations are not required and there is no charge to play Bingo.
- Oil Painting Classes with Barbara Goddard – Wednesdays, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM. Cost: $60.00/Members, $75.00/Non-members per 6-week session. Contact the center at 983-9422 for class dates.
- Watercolor Classes with Penny Reasor – Mondays, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM. Cost: $60.00/Members, $75.00/Non-members per 6-week session. Contact the center at 983-9422 for class dates.
- Coloring Pages – The first Friday of each month beginning in August, 1:00-3:00 PM. Cost: $2.00 supply fee. Join Stacy and find your creativity in Coloring Pages! With dozens of pages to choose from, we have crayons, markers, color pencils, and water color pencils. Space is limited, please call 983-9422 to register.
- Tone, Stretch & Balance Class meets every Tuesday from 1:30-2:30 PM. Cost: $5.00 per class.
- Intro to Tai Chi – Classes held Tuesdays & Thursdays from 9:00-9:45 AM Advanced Beginner from 9:45-10:30 AM. Participants can expect to improve their balance, flexibility, strength, coordination and concentration, all while enjoying a pain free, calming and relaxing activity. Instructor: Mary Pope. Cost: $5.00 per class paid directly to the instructor.
- Mid-Week Music - Musicians and Singers are here, AUDIENCE welcomed! Join us every second & fourth Wednesday of the month. Enjoy a free musical showcase of singers and musicians with acoustic instruments featuring local hidden talent from right here in East Tennessee! Light refreshments served. Check-in at 9:30 AM with performances from 10:00-11:30 AM. Our MC is Ed Harper of BMH Senior Services, assisted by Beverly Sherrod.
- Ballroom Dancing meets every Wednesday - Free group lesson from 1:30-2:30 PM, with more dancing after lesson to CD music from 2:30-3:30 PM (partner not required - casual dress).
- Live Band! Ballroom Dances are held the first, third and fifth Saturdays of each month 7:00-9:00 PM. Cost: $6.00 per person (pay at side door).
- Country Music Live Band every Friday night 7:00-10:00 PM. Two Stepping, Line Dancing, or just sit and listen to the Country Gentlemen Band. Open to public for all ages! Cost: $6.00 per person (pay at side door).
EDUCATIONAL & OTHER ACTIVITIES
- Day Trips are back! Call the center at 983-9422 for locations, dates & times.
- Free Blood Pressure Screenings offered monthly. Please contact the center for specific dates.
- Driver Safety Course - Call for dates. Cost: $15.00 for AARP Members, $20.00 for Non-members.
- Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Group meets the second Tuesday of every month from 11:30 AM-12:30 PM with Velma Burke of Alzheimer’s Tennessee.
- AARP Blount County Chapter #2296 meets monthly on the fourth Tuesday at Noon with a light lunch and guest speakers provided by Blount Memorial Hospital Senior Services.
- Dementia Seminar by Choices in Senior Care - Call for dates and times. Discuss the difference between normal memory changes and those that occur in dementia, changes in cognition and function that may appear in a person with dementia, the process of diagnosis and the importance of early diagnosis, and brain health tips.
- Diabetes Seminar - Every second Thursday of each month from 1:00-2:30 PM. Have you been diagnosed with diabetes? Are you diabetic and have unanswered questions? If you answered yes, or just want to learn more about the disease, then join us for a Sweet Spot session hosted by Lowes Drug Store Pharmacists. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Social Media for Seniors with Jennifer Dancu:
- iPad and iPhone for Beginners - Using built in apps, printing and troubleshooting, understanding Safari Basics, Itunes, iCloud Basics. Contact the Center at 983-9422 for dates, times and cost.
- Android and Tablet Instruction - Care and charging, understanding settings and managing apps, explore Google Chrome Basics, Google Play Store, and Galaxy Store. Contact the Center at 983-9422 for dates, times and cost.
CARDS & MISCELLANEOUS GAMES
- SEEKING NEW PLAYERS! Partnership Pinochle (Double deck) "Cutthroat" style all day every Tuesday & Thursday - drop in and play anytime during the day beginning at 8:30 AM.
- Hand and Foot every Tuesday & Thursday at 9:30 AM.
- Party Bridge every Tuesday at 9:30 AM.
- Canasta every second & fourth Thursday at 9:30 AM.
- Duplicate Bridge - Monday, Wednesday and Friday beginning at 10:00 AM, must have partner, call 983-9422 for more information.
- Rummikub every Thursday, 1:00-3:30 PM - a tile game for 2, 3 or 4 players at a time.
- Wii Bowling - Leagues bowl each Monday at various times between 9:30 AM – Noon.
- Scrabble every Wednesday from 9:30 AM – Noon.
- Mexican Train & Chicken Foot Dominoes every Friday from 9:30 AM – Noon.
- Bunco every third Thursday of the month at 1:00 PM. Space is limited. Contact the center at 983-9422 for more information.
- Billiards Room open daily.
The Senior Center is available to rent during non-programmed hours. A contract, two-week notice, and $100.00 cash deposit are required for all rentals.
$50.00 per hour (3 Hr. minimum/$150.00)
$75.00 per hour (3 Hr. minimum/$225.00)
$100.00 per hour (3 Hr. minimum/$300.00)
*Rental time includes set-up and clean-up. Example: A 3 hour event will need to be a 4 hour rental to include 30 minute set-up time and 30 minute clean-up time. Please call 983-9422 for availability and additional information.
The Parks and Recreation Commission does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, genetic information or disabling condition in employment opportunities or in the provision of parks and recreation services.